Wednesday, November 23, 2005

ephemera 2

some of you may not know this about me, but i like to snack in the middle of the night. secretly. in fact, my ex boyfriend and i were together for over a year before we each realized that the other was secretly sneaking from our shared bed and snacking in the middle of the night.

for my part, i discovered that he smelled mysteriously like chicken when he came back from the "bathroom." and apparently, i left some suspicious candy wrappers lying around.

so, okay. i don't consciously like sweets much. but at about 4 am, i love them. so my recent expeditions to the kitchen have mostly netted dark-chocolate covered almonds. sends a shiver down my spine.

last night i crawled back into bed and fell asleep clutching one of these gems in my warm little hand. and woke up with a naked almond in bed next to me, and the evidence of the night's debauchery all over my pillowcase.

so, yes. actually eating IN the bed might be taking this a step too far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home